Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Madelynn turns 6
Madelynn said it was the best birthday party ever. I think as a mom I have tried to over do it every year and really missed what the kids wanted. We always tried to hold a big party and everything to go along with a big party and the whole point gets missed. The kids never enjoy it when I am stressed and running around and trying to make food and cake and make sure everything is perfect. But I always thought that was the perfect birthday. Madelynn informed me this year it is not. This year my worry was a little different I was worried because we wouldn't have any friends or family to celebrate with and that might make the kids sad.
So what did we do that was the perfect birthday according to Madelynn...we threw a very small party over at Uncle Michael and Aunt Kim's park just them and my parents and us. Aunty Kim made 2 special cakes 1 for Madelynn and 1 for Jacob and we ordered sandwiches and fried chicken. The kids played at the park and we visited. The kids then opened their presents and that was it. But Madelynn loved it - she said it was her family that she loved and that she got to play at the park and no one made her stop. We really do cherish all the time we get to spend with family now it means more to us now than it ever has and the kids even realize it! So cheers to a great party and fun had by all. Madelynn got a new bike which she had been wanting and lots of fun clothes.
On Madelynn's real birthday I again was stressing to make sure it was a great day for her and it was our first away from family and friends. So I took treats to her class and then after school we suprised her at Red Robin with a little friend from school. She was so excited so we ate dinner and then took them all swimming and back home for some cupcakes. Again Madelynn said she had fun it was low key and not a bunch of running around stressing.
Now on another note I can't believe my baby is 6! She is growing up way too fast!!! I just love our Madelynn and all her energy and love for her family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment