Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dear Kaylee Elizabeth

I go to bed everynight and say a little prayer to myself that you will grow out of this stage very quickly.  I tell myself that I will use my patience and help you learn through this stage but I really need God to hold my hand and remind me you are only 3 years old.  I have to be reminded of that because you act so much older sometimes.  I also remind myself that I am so lucky because the good times and the sweet Kaylee "Bug" are around much more than the Kaylee that is testing every inch of my body.  I hold tight the times you are so sweet in your room playing with your barbies for hours without needing anything.  And when you are riding your bike on the road all by yourself and you are so proud of yourself.  Or when you flutter those long eyelashes at me and do everything I ask you to do without talking back once.  Man I am lucky because I have the most wonderful little daughter that loves to snuggle and give kisses and just likes to be held when we are together.  I am also lucky because it is not often that you throw your ice cream cone on the ground and refuse with all your might to pick it up and that you make me spank you in front of everyone at the ice cream store and after I do that you don't even cry and you still refuse to pick up your ice cream.  And it isn't very often that I take you to the store without a nap and when I ask you to stop doing something you turn to me and yell at me in front of the sales person "NO" - man you were lucky you were cute.
It's not often that I ask you to do something and you stare at me as though I am speaking another language, but when you do decide to act out you sure are good at it!  I sometimes get frusterated with you because I know how perfect you are and I want you to be that way all the time but then I say my little prayer to God and he reminds me this is what builds character and lets you figure out who you are.  And don't worry mommy the most well behaved Kaylee is what will come of this - we just pray this stage is shorter than longer! 
Here is a picture of Kaylee staring at her ice cream cone that she threw on the ground :)

No comments: