Thursday, September 16, 2010

Whats New?

Well a little update on the move!  We are getting closer... each day it seems as though we are wrapping up more things and getting closer to the big day.  So far the things we can check off our list as done is
Agency is taken care of and is being turned over to good hands
Building is sold
We have found renters for our house (so we can keep it for when we come back)
Dates are being set - I am moving the last week of November and will commute back home every weekend
Kids are moving down February 1st and Matt will follow once the season is over - Mid March

As for the emotional side of it I cry on a daily basis now when I think about it, especially when I am doing something that I love and then realize I won't have that same thing in Salt Lake when we are away from family and friends.  Knowing very well that we will make friends down there and hopefully have the same fun we have up here but right now it is hard to picture it any other way. 
The kids are still excited and have been asking more and more when we get to move to a new house.  I have started to talking to them more about it and trying to slowly introduce the picture and not scare them.  I know that we have strong kids and a great family so we all should be fine but I also know there is going to be some major adjustments and I want to be prepared for those.  The girls are old enough to know what they want and be able to tell us how they feel so those are going to be the hard days just as they are now when they tell us they miss their Grandma's and Grandpa's and Aunt's and Unlce's!  It is going to be hard to not look them in the face and say we miss them too - but we will have to remember we are strong and will make the best of it.  Technology is amazing now days!

So what is next?  Well it seems to be kind of a waiting game now days of when I leave and when the movers come to pack up our stuff.  Right now I am just trying to enjoy all the time I have with my family and make the most of it.  Of course life seems to still be throwing a few curve balls at us just to keep us strong but everyday I deal with them better and better! 

Madelynn is still doing awesome in school I just can't believe how well it has gone for us!  I get the pleasure of helping in her class every Monday and I just love it!  She sure is an amazing little girl that has just grown up so much lately!
Kaylee is doing amazing with preschool and gymnastics and other than that is just doing great being Kaylee!  We love having her keep a smile on our faces - she does an amazing job of that!
Jacob is wonderful!  He is by far the most advanced child we have had and it just breaks my heart sometimes I miss the baby!  He loves having his sisters do everything for him and is actually very good at following directions.  He loves his ABC's and sings them with the girls all the time I need to post a video of it on here if I could figure it out!  Other than that he is teething like crazy  and has a skin rash that has been driving us crazy but we have been told by 2 professionals to let it run its course so we are but we wish it would hurry!
Matt is right in the heart of basketball and comes and goes all the time.  He sure is amazing with how dedicated he is to his family and to 2 jobs.  Not many people out there that could handle that along with his hormonal wife that is a roller coaster lately. 
Other than that everything is crazy as usual!

No comments: