Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2nd week

Well I am into the 2nd week and it started off a bit rough.  I was scheduled to leave Sunday night back to Salt Lake and honestly it crossed my mind many times that this is not for me and I cannot leave it just wasn't going to be emotionally possible.  I cried all day and couldn't even enjoy my day because I was scared how fast time was going.  I cried when I was saying good bye to my kids and then it all got ugly.  Kid crying, I am crying, Matt's mom is crying, my mom is crying - this is not good, believe me!
So we got to the airport Matt, my dad and Matt's dad left me and again I was crying and just wanting to give up and throw in the towel.  I got through security turned around and looked back and saw Matt walking out of the airport - it was not good!
As I approached the gate it was brought to my attention that Salt Lake Airport was closed - THANK GOD!  I called Matt right away they turned around and I changed my flight - didn't even think twice. 
I got to go home and I had a sense of relief come off my chest!  I spent the night loving my kids eating a good family dinner and enjoying my time for once that weekend.  We got up the next morning got the kids ready for school they were happy going off and I said my good byes and told them I would see them in 4 sleeps and off we all went.  I felt better about life - told myself I could do this and I did.
So with that experience we decided I will fly out on Monday mornings from here on out - much easier on everyone and gives me one more sleep with the kids :)

No comments: