I was a bit worried about 2 weeks before I delivered that for some reason I wasn't going to be able to handle 3 kids and started having horrible thoughts about what I was going to do or if I was going to be able to handle it. I was told they were normal pregnancy hormones and to try and relax it was all going to work out... and well 1 week later I can honestly say that things always seem to work out and man my hormones must have been in overload. Jacob is a great baby and you wouldn't even know he was here if the baby stuff wasn't out everywhere. He has fit into our crazy life style so well and just goes right along. He sleeps better than my 4 year old and never fusses. I think I have heard him actually cry 3 times and all because I was taking a bit too long to get his bottle ready. The girls absolutely adore him and have been the best of helpers, I couldn't ask for any better sisters. They have adjusted well to a new baby no acting out and have gone back to daycare without any fuss at all. I was very worried on how they would take going to Kelly's and mommy taking Jacob but they have been easy on me so far, I haven't got in the car crying because I feel bad yet :)
Jacob went in last Thursday for a check up and was weighing still at 7 lbs 11 0z meaning he lost no weight from birth which I have been told is great so I can't wait to see how much he has gained by next week at 2 weeks old. The only thing I wasn't prepared for with a boy is having to style his hair each morning :) Now I have 3 heads of hair to do I thought I was going to get a free pass with a boy but it is so long and thick I have to wash it and comb it every day.
I had my first morning of getting 3 kids ready and out of the house in a timely manner all by myself another thing I was worried about it and it actually went very smoothly, again another case of not needing to worry about anything. Jacob and I went back to work on Monday he has been great at the office sleeps and eats and then is awake when we get home for a good amount of time so the girls and his daddy can hold him and talk to him. He has changed so much already now I am starting to see some Madelynn in him more than before so I am so curious to see how he changes more. His hair is also starting to get lighter so that will be fun to watch if he turns blonde :)
Other than that things are going great...the laundry has doubled and the dishes are never ending with the bottles but other than that not much has changed we just take along an extra bag and car seat from what we were doing before!
No comments:
Post a Comment