I have never thought to myself what would my life be like without my dad - because he is always here and it just never occured to me how lucky I really am. I could not even imagine filling the holes that would be left if I didn't have him in my life. My dad has been such an influence on my life that still to this day every decision I make I wonder what will my dad think of me? There are times I might take this a bit too far but obviously he is such an inspiration to me I still want to make him happy! I am a very lucky girl and being a mother now realize more times than not how wonderful my dad really is! I always just thought that is what they are supposed to, and maybe they are but my dad has never once failed in filling the shoes of a father!
Friday night my girls were lucky enough to spend the night with their papa - just the two of them. Nana was out of town and so there they went excited to be with their papa. On Saturday Papa took the girls to the cemetary with him to see his dad - Grandpa DeMark to the girls. We don't visit as often as we would like because of the kids and not wanting them to get too upset, but it was about time for them to visit again and I am glad they went. Madelynn filled me in on the experience they had and spoke many times that papa cried while they were up there. This is what made me stop and realize how lucky I am. There are a lot of people out there that have lost their dad and I can't imagine the holes or the emptyness they must feel. So dad thanks for everything you do for me and our family!
I am also lucky enough to not have only one male figure in my life, I also have one of the best husbands around and even more so best Daddy to my 3 children. I cannot put into words how amazing of a father he is to our children. There is not a day that goes by that he is not doing the best he can to make sure they have the best of everything. He is amazing with dealing with the issues of raising 3 kids and the growing pains that come along with it. He puts in numerous hours of work to support his family. And no matter what kind of day he always comes home with a smile on his face and is never too tired to play with each of them. I know I don't tell him enough how awesome he is and sometimes just expect him to know, but here is a thank you to keep with you for the times I don't remember. Being a father is a big role and it is never ending - but even though it is the most important job Matt has he never has a poor attitude or a lazy moment. I am telling you now everyone will know how good of a dad he is as his children get bigger you will be able to see in them and they will tell you how lucky they are! And as well as he fills those shoes he fills the role of being a husband just as well! Even though I have my moments and probably don't show you as much as I should always know I love you and appreciate all you do for your family!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment