Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Here I sit...waiting



I have been trying to think of the last time I left all 3 kids of mine I mean all 4 kids of mine and was by myself for 4 days???  I am still thinking...if I have ever done it - I don't remember it which I guess is a good thing.  I was called back to Madison Wisconsin (where our headquarters are for American Family) on Thursday of last week and they wanted me here on Monday for some meetings Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Can't share right now what they were for but it will come up in the near future I promise.  So here I have sat for 3 of those days so lonely and always thinking what my kids are doing back home.  I am not one that likes to be alone and then to be in an unfamiliar place and so far from home was really not my cup of tea.  But as I have been back here and have eaten every meal by myself and completed a jig saw puzzle by myself and read 2 books I have realized and thought through a lot of things and realized I can survive and breathe on my own.  This trip was probably needed just so I could get refreshed as a mom and a wife and realize everything I have at home.  I don't feel like I take advantage of what I get or that I get tired of being needed all the time but I am sure it does wear on me and sometimes I am not at my peak.  I have never so much in my life wanted to eat a cold dinner because I was busy helping 3 kids finish theirs first.  I have never ao much wanted to tuck my 3 kids into bed and smell their freshly cleaned bodies covered with Baby Magic.  I never so much wanted to do a load of laundry!  All these things that I take for granted I am missing.  Dinners have been lonely and going to bed at night has been the worst, but I know I will go back home ready to take on the world again! 
Now don't worry I wasn't upset the entire time I did find some steal of deals at the mall nearby - I know shocker Angie found a mall :)  but really Matt I couldn't pass them up.  $3.99 tops and shorts at gymboree - I love that store!  And $1.99 stuff at Children's place really with those prices I made us money on those purchases :)
Anyways back to the point of my blog tonight man am I thankful for my family and friends and can't wait to get back home to see them all!  In the mean time I have found out I have some wonderful friends and family who really do care about me and knew how hard this trip was on me.  They have checked in to make sure I am doing okay and share funny stories with me.  They have sent me great pictures of my kids everyday to say hi! (which I love but makes me cry everytime) and have supported me through this last week of decisions.  You know who you are and thank you we have a lot on our plate right now and it is nice to know we are loved and prayed for during these times. 
So below are the pictures I received each day of the kids, the jig saw puzzle I put together and just some great smiles of the kids that let me know the kids are doing wonderful and have an amazing father that has taken this on and supported me the entire way.  He didn't even blink an eye when he was given 3 days to prepare for me to leave for 4 days and take care of the kids by himself.  Not that he isn't capable but it is a lot of work.  It may also be good because now he knows what I go through when he is in basketball!  So here it is hopefully we look back on this week and it was worth it.  I think?  But anyways it has been a growing week for our family and what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!



No comments: