Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day Of School

I deep down prayed and did everything I could to pretend this day would never come but it did and all I can say is wow.  The way this whole thing worked out for us might not have been the ideal situation at the time or maybe better put the picture perfect situation but for our family and for Madelynn it was probably more than perfect. 
We received a phone call from the Charter School we had tried to get her into the day that school started for her but it was about 9:00 am - the kids were already there and had gone to the meet the teacher night and all.  We did not but they told us they just had an opening come up and Madelynn was next on the list.  Excuse me?  Do you know how much time and planning I had already done because we were told she didn't make it 4 months ago and now we are being thrown into this?  I didn't even get to cook her school breakfast or take her first day of school picture or put her in the perfect outfit with her hair done just right.  How will I ever live it down.  Well now here we are 2 weeks later and I will forever say it was the best thing that ever happened to us.  Madelynn loves her school, loves her teacher, and we have not had one anxiety or upset morning.  She is doing amazing!  I would have lost everything I owned if I would have thought it would go this well for us.  She gets out of the car everyone morning gives us a kiss and off she goes - Madelynn you are one amazing little girl and mommy and daddy couldn't be more proud of you!!!  Way to Go!

I also received an email from the teacher a couple days into class and this is what it read
"Madelynn is doing great! She fits right in and is more mature than some of her older peers. :)"


It made my day I knew after that we were going to be okay.  I am still adjusting to her being so big and doing so well and maybe just once I want her to cry and hold my leg but deep down I know this is perfect for us.


Waking up on her official 2nd day of school our 1st day :)

Ready to go!

Kaylee was sad Madelynn was leaving her

Madelynn with her friends a little timid looking but didn't break down :)

No comments: