Yep thats right we are moving to Salt Lake City, UT. I have accepted a promotion with American Family and with that requires us to relocate to the state office which is located in South Jordan, UT about 15 miles outside of Salt Lake. Wow, I know it is a lot to say and a lot to digest and even more to think about everyday. I am excited about this opportunity that has come up for me and promotions are always good, but #1 thing I think about everyday is am I ready to leave my family and friends and everything we have here in Idaho?
Most days I feel we are and everything is going to be okay and it is going to fun for our family, but then there are those few select days that are depressing and hard to get through because something else hits home and makes me want to stay. Like the other night when we went for our nightly (maybe not that often but close) sno cone run and we just stopped in at Nana and Papa's to eat them and play on the swings. Played a quick hand of cards and off we went back to the house. Am I ready to give that up?
Or how about when I started looking for schools online for Madelynn and realized how much work and effort I have already put into this and found her the perfect school - do I want to do that again?
Or when I am looking at schools and realize now I have to find another perfect preschool teacher that even compares to what we have now? (not sure it is possible)
And then pops up daycare...okay I have to stop looking I am going to get sick, I can't replace Kelly - I couldn't eat or even operate the rest of the day just thinking about who will take care of my kids.
Then I have a good day because I think about the great experience this will be for my kids and all the fun things there are to do down there. The new friends we will make and just the experience we will have as a family of having to rely on each other more because it will be just us until we can make new friends and such.
And then bam another few sleepless nights because I start thinking about what we are leaving. Are the kids really going to be okay? Or better yet am I going to be okay? Everyone is going to come visit us right? I can still send out my blog now just more people will be relying on it to stay updated with us so I have to make sure I am on it more. Okay so that all sounds okay we can do that.
My gosh so much to think about and so many decisions to think out and plan are we really prepared for all of this?
Matt and I have spent so many nights awake thinking about all this and so many nights holding our heads up at the kitchen table talking it all through. Many phone conversations about things we just thought about or need to look into.
Wow it makes me tired just thinking about it! But all in all I think we are going to be okay we have an amazing family - the kids are the best of friends and Matt and I don't normally get tired of each other and we love to hang out all of us. Not to mention all the family we are leaving they are so supportive I think I could plan out with them where someone was visiting us every weekend - there is enough of you guys! (don't worry I won't cry too long if you turn us down)
So what comes next...
We are trying to sell the house right now - first battle. We are trying to find what area we want to live in down there. We are getting all loose ends tied up around here and making all our lists of things to do as it gets closer.
Our official move date is going to be sometime in November I don't start till 12/1/2010 so that is one good thing we get to enjoy all our fun family friends here for a couple more months.
So with that - I have to end my post on us moving Matt says I type too much. I will keep everyone posted on the progress we are making and please if you have any advice for us please let us know we are going into this blind but learning very quickly!

1 comment:
WOW Angie! Congrats on the promo, I don't think I would have ever guessed you would move! It will be hard at times I am sure, but like you said a tremendous growing experience for you and your family. You will be tight and your kids will learn to take care of eachother probably even more than they do now and that is a good thing. I can't begin to imagine how much you will miss all your extended family, but it will make the time you have together all the more precious. Good luck, I know it will be great, and you will be amazing wherever the Lord puts you! :o)
Post a Comment