Due to our circumstances things just seem to be flying by us so quickly and not really taking the time to enjoy all of them. I feel so bad for some reason we just didn't get into Halloween this year like we have before. It is always a hard holiday because I just think about my Grandpa and his passing on Halloween 4 years ago, but I don't want my kids to feel that I want them to get into it as much as they can. I have a feeling our years are coming they are still just a bit young to truly understand it all. So for Halloween this year I let the girls pick out what they wanted to be even though deep down I wanted them all to coordinate for a fun picture, but sometimes I just have to let them be creative and do as they want. So I let go this year...
Madelynn chose - Daphyne off of Scooby Doo
Kaylee chose - Dora
Jacob got the hand me down - Monkey
They all turned out super cute and wore their costumes well - they fit their personalities pretty well.
On Saturday night we went to a Walk Through the Bible with Kelly at her church and it was great - lots of people but the kids thought it was pretty fun and they got their candy. Kaylee had decided to be Tinkerbell that night in case you were wondering in the pictures. On Halloween we made a quick trip around the neighborhood and the kids loved it and then brought them back for a wonderful dinner and let them hand out candy to the trick or treaters. Pretty low key night but perfect for us and the kids!



No comments:
Post a Comment