Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We are Down to the last few days

So we are down to 12 days before I leave for Salt Lake, and it is a weird feeling.  My kids have no idea what is going on and that their whole world is about to change.  Hopefully we will keep things as simple as possible for them and the only thing that will be hard for them is that their mommy is gone all the time.  I have packed up my office, man I accumulated a lot of crap in 5 years.  It was a bittersweet feeling - we put a lot of work into this place and I spent a lot of time here but moving onto bigger things now. 
I think everything at the house is ready to go I have tried my hardest to make it easy on everyone that helps out from having a lot of food ready and just needing to be cooked to having baskets labeled for dirty laundry.  I know it is going to be a bit chaotic and a lot of work for everyone that has graciously stepped in to help Matt during this transition but hopefully all this little stuff I have done will help.  I have stood in my closet a few times now looking at everything and thinking where do I start?  Do I try to get as comfortable in Salt Lake and take as much with me as I can and make this my travel place or do I leave a lot and just repack on the weekends when I come home?  Oh the unknown is the hardest. 
I have tried to spend a little more time with the kids lately not that I don't already but just trying to spend quality time playing and coloring and doing puzzles.  Not running around cleaning up after them.  But as guilty as I feel when I leave them right now I know that changing their schedule completely the next week won't make it easier on them I need to keep them in their routine so that it isn't so much of a shock when it happens. 
This will be the last normal weekend we spend together as I leave next weekend and Matt is gone next weekend - after that I am sure my weekends home will be a blink of an eye because I won't want to leave my family and the 48 hours home isn't that long.
Another thing I have thought of even though I have not proposed to Matt yet is having him start a blog for the next few months to help keep everyone updated even more.  I will still do mine, but I think it would be fun to look back on both of our sides going through this difficult transition.  Obviously this is for our kids and for them to have to look back for the memories so the more we keep the better.
Hope everyone is ready for Thanksgiving we are again not really doing much as Matt will be gone.  But guess what I am ready for Christmas!  I figured I better get that out since I won't be here very much and we can celebrate even longer!!! 

No comments: