Saturday, November 13, 2010

Things are getting exciting

We are T minus 17 days before I will make the drive down to Salt Lake for the new life.  Wow 17 days that isn't very many.  I spent 2 days this week in Salt Lake getting things set up and ready to rock and roll for my first day, and I guess we could call it a mini test.  It was hard leaving, I cried a little and going to sleep that night was one that made my heart ache but all in all I survived, worked a lot of hours and made it home to love on my family.  So the question was when I came back home can I do this for 3 months - spend 5 days away and love on my family for 2 days over and over again?  Yes I can do it but it is going to be hard.  I will be working a lot which makes the days go by fast and not give me a lot of time to get upset and think about what I could be doing back home. 
I also got to spend a little time with Chris and Lauren who have opened up their home to me when I move down there till Matt and the kids get down and I am looking forward to our time together.  We have a lot to catch up on and fun things to do.  They will be great to hang out with and keep me company and I can tell they are going to do just that.  I am so lucky to have them and all that they have already done and said to me to make me feel a little more at ease with all this.  I know they will be very understanding.
There is something that has developed though over the last few months that wasn't all there before when some of these decisions were made...and that is Matt and I's relationship.  Obviosly we have always loved each other and had a great relationship, but since we made the decision to take this promotion and all that it entails we have grown even stronger and have so much more between us.  I have always been okay being away from him or as much of okay as I can when we are apart as long as I have my kids, but it isn't like that anymore.  We have learned to rely on each other and make decisions together as a team and support each other through major life changing events - I am not okay with being away from him anymore.  We have learned that we need each other to survive and be complete.  So with all of this that has grown over the last few months it has made this that much harder.
As we get closer each day I am trying to stay positive and make the most out of everything and my time.  I just spent till midnight on a Friday night sitting around with my kids and a couple friends talking about life and having great conversations.  It was a great night - the kids played as we watched them and played with them and then as they fell asleep we sat and talked.  I am going to miss that, but more than that I have loved those times and will cherish those forever.  It is amazing how fun talking is at midnight with no TV, a few lights on and good friends! 

No comments: