Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Preparing for our Unforgettable Weekend

Back in October Southwest Airlines came out with a killer deal on airline tickets so we took advantage of it...we quickly decided we were going to baptize Baby Jacob and notified all our family so they could get the deal on tickets. $100.00 Round Trip from Oakland to Boise per person - in a matter of 2 days everyone was booked and we anxiously awaited our funfilled weekend we had planned. And so back in October, January 15th seemed so far away, but here it is and our family is on their way to Boise.
I decided I was not going to be the crazy lady I am and deep clean my house before we had 19 people staying in it but it did take us some time to get everything prepared. We spent the weekend prior finishing up as much of the guest house as we could to sleep one family - turned out wonderful. We moved stuff around upstairs and cleaned some stuff out to sleep another family, and then took down the stuff in Jacob's room to sleep another family. The house that I have been feeling our family of 5 has outgrown quickly became huge and seemed to have so much room. I did one final sweep of everything and freshened up as much as I could and we were ready!

No comments: