Friday, April 30, 2010

Just a little credit!

Well I usually don't do this but I guess I am feeling in need of a little bit of credit.  We are so blessed that Matt was able to keep his job at the college this year as the assistant basketball coach, not only financially did we need it but we have loved having this in our lives and we were scared we might lose that.  Matt loves coaching and he is very good at it so it has been wonderful for him to get to continue.  Because of the new hire of the head coach this spring Matt has had to step in and fill some big shoes trying to get the new coach into the program and up and running...just a little extra time. (or a lot of extra time)
So with that being said Matt's normal schedule lately has been lifting weights Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:00 am to 8:00 am - yes that is in the morning.  Open gym and workout every night sometimes early and sometimes late but for the most part he is up there from the time he leaves the bank till about 9 or 10 at night.  When they are not working out they are recruiting and watching film and whatever else coaches do.  Do we mind no, we are so lucky to be involved but man it sure has taken a toll on me for some reason.
So what this breaks down to is I have to get the kids up and ready by myself in the mornings for the majority - Matt helps when he gets home at 8:00 and then after working all day I am picking up the kids and making sure everything gets done at the house.  Fixing dinner, bath time, laundry, dishes, cleaning, playing with the kids, and so on...So what am I complaining about I am a mom and this is what they are supposed to do!  And yes that is why I am going to do and do it with a smile on my face, but I never realized how helpful and needed a dad is around the house.  3 kids is a lot of work and even more work making sure it is always done the right way with love and care.  We sure do miss having Matt around at home lately the girls ask about him all the time but have started answering their own questions "Daddy is at basketball?"
So I feel bad even saying anything because I know more than anything Matt would much rather be at home with his kids, but is doing what a good dad does and puts food on our table.  So after I write this I am so lucky I am on the end of being with the kids and not out working but wow sometimes I wonder how I do it :)
Hopefully he will get a little break this summer and will be able to be home more than at the gym, but whatever it is we will support him and make the best of it!  I just might have to hire a nanny to help out!

No comments: