Friday, April 30, 2010

Last Field Trip of the Year

The girls had a field trip yesterday to the grocery store to learn about healthy eating habits.  Matt and I were not able to go as we are trying to expand our education in life so we were attending some classes so the girls were lucky enough to have their Aunt Lori and their Nana take them.  It sounds like it was a hit and I have to say the girls paid close attention because I got a 101 on what is healthy for them and what is not as I was cooking dinner last night.  And before bed Madelynn mentioned she wanted a healthy snack not her normal cookie!  So whatever they did with them was a success for us!  We have always had healthy eaters in our house thankfully but sometimes it is nice to remind them of why we do what we do and it is always good when it comes from someone else! 
I can never express enough how thankful I am to have such wonderful family that loves my kids as much as I do and when they fill the shoes of taking them on a field trip it just reminds me of how lucky we are.  I sent Aunt Lori and email during my class to tell her thank you again and this was her response -
"You are welcome, it went really well. It was quite a tour. They got cupcakes and got to decorate them, hot bread, meat, cheese, and a shopping bag. There was suppose to be a coupon in their bags for free apples so you might check Madelynn wanted to get hers but the tour ran long and she forgot and so did I.
They were great; Kaylee had a cupcake face when we got to Kellys'. Jacob waved bye bye. He is getting so big. Thank you for sharing with me I really enjoy them and Madelynn and I have quite the talks when we are driving."
As a mom this is what you want to hear about your kids when they are with other people! 
So it is great that we were able to share them but also sad at the same time because this will be Madelynn's last preschool field trip!


No comments: