Sometimes we get caught up in just going through the motions day in and day out and we notice the obvious stuff but sometimes forget to pay attention to the details. With 3 kids it doesn't take much to let the details slip by and not even realized you missed them. That is one reason I do my blog is so I don't forget the details.
Madelynn Marie is 4 and half years old (going on 15) and is growing up so fast in front of our eyes. The last couple months we have been paying close attention to her and her personality as we try to make the right decision on whether or not we should send her to Kindergarten in the fall. What?? Kindergarten? I remember very vivid bringing her home from the hospital now I am sending my baby to Kindergarten? It all happens too fast.
There were a few things we were concerned about with Madelynn and it wasn't if she was smart enough! One was her anxiety and when she is out of her comfort zone. The other was her clinging to her mom. And a few small things like biting her finger nails all the time and still sucking on her sippy cup when she needed some down time or a feeling of security. Obviously none of these are horrible issues but things we were watching to see if they were signs of her not being ready! The other thing we decided was lets tackle each of these one at a time and see if we can help her grow out of them. And that we did...we have been working on small things with her anxiety like sleeping in her bed all night...and after a few nights she can do it and she is so proud of herself. The clinging to her mom she is getting a little better at, the last week of mornings when I drop them off at daycare she has been such a big girl. And now to the 2 hardest issues the sippy cup and the nails. I have been working with her everyday to paint her nails and take care of them for her as long as she won't bite them and she has been doing so good they are healing up nicely :) And the cup...man that is hard one a habit of 4 years, but I have to say she is doing awesome and hasn't used it in 2 days and asks for a big girl cup all the time.
So after I saw how easy these things are to help her fix I know she is ready to go off on her own and continue to grow. Is her mom ready? Ummm...NO! Am I excited yes...I love new adventures and I know she is going to do awesome but it is so hard to think time flies so quickly.
We decided to register her out in Middleton School District which is not very close to our house but is going to be a great fit for our family. She has already done her pre screening and passed it with flying colors which was so comforting to watch. I have to give props to our preschool teacher Mrs. Chambers and Kelly for preparing Madelynn so well for this next step in life. I would like to say that we can take credit for her doing so well, but what they do with those kids during preschool and during the day was so well reflected in how Madelynn went through her screening. We are so very lucky and blessed to have such amazing people teaching our children! I just wish I could use them for the next 18 years :)...then none of this would be an issue!
Madelynn is super excited for Kindergarten just ask her she will tell you all about it! Kaylee is not ready for Madelynn to go to Kindergarten she asks every morning now if Madelynn is leaving her yet? It is going to be so sad because they are the best of friends and Kaylee loves Madelynn, thankfully it is only going to be for half day so she will be back at Kelly's even before Kaylee realizes she is gone.
As we look forward it is going to fly by till when school starts we have something going on each month from now till August! Exciting times but I still shed a little tear when I think about it
No comments:
Post a Comment