We are on our last week here in Idaho which means we are going to be saying our good byes to a few people. The first good byes will be to Madelynn's teachers and Kaylee's teacher (and great friend of ours). As I type this I am crying the most I have cried in all of this because it is so real now. Kaylee will say good bye to her preschool on Wednesday and of course it will be an extremely hard good bye for our family as Mrs Chambers has been with us since the beginning and has been such a blessing to our girls. All I know is she has set the bar extremely high for whomever we find in Salt Lake.
Madelynn will say good bye to her class on Friday and I have seen a few signs from her that I know it is going to be hard for her. We have been so blessed this year and found an amazing teacher and class for her and it is hard to leave something such a good fit for your daughter. Madelynn has excelled so much this year in kindergarten and just really grown up for her age. I know Madelynn is going to have her hard times with the move and leaving her friends, but we will do everything we can to help her get involved right away in Salt Lake.
3 months ago or even 6 months ago when all this came about and we made the decision to make this move it didn't seem so hard and we just knew we could do it. But now that the real thing is here and we have to say our good byes it is not so easy and doesn't seem as great as it did in the beginning. I am going to try my hardest to not let any of my friendships change or become long distance but it is just known that 600 miles between you will eventually get in the way.
I know this is bitter sweet and hopefully ends up being sweet in the end but right now it is feeling pretty bitter and I would rather throw the hat in and say never mind, we just have to get through this as a family and we will be better for it!!!! I just need to remind myself all the good reasons we were doing this - it will be a great adventure for our family together!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment