Well I know it has been awhile since I have updated and I am sorry I wish I was able to keep this up better during this crazy time in our life but my blogging efforts is a good idea of how fast this time has flown by for our family. Back on December 1st I transitioned into my new position with American Family and had officially moved to Salt Lake City. I was lucky enough to live with Chris and Lauren (cousins) while I was down there alone and the family still up in Idaho. I cannot say enough how nice it was to go home to a familiar face every night and have people to keep you company. I could have very easily been on my own and getting through the tough times by myself. I really appreciate what they did for us and it really made this transition so much easier on me. So the entire month of December I would fly to Salt Lake on Monday morning and fly back to Boise on Friday nights. I remember it like it was yesterday and looking back it went by so quickly but when I was living it I remember being extremely depressed and upset. It was so hard to leave the family every week and for some reason it never got easier it was just as painful as the previous week and I cried every time. Luckily I had a great support team around me and great family that always took my phone calls and let me cry for a little bit.
And then with the blink of an eye it was over and it was January. Again for 4 weeks I left on Monday morning and flew back on Friday evenings. I did spend one of those weeks in Madison, WI so that was a nice change for a week but again it was extremely hard leaving the family and I continued to cry every Monday. Luckily through the first 2 months the kids did amazingly well and this seperation was much harder on mom than it was on the kids. I can give a lot of credit to my kids doing so well to of course Matt and him picking up the extra slack from mom being gone but also to all the help we had from family and friends and making sure the kids were always happy and cared for! As I am sure you all know along with me being gone Matt is was in the middle of basketball season and wasn't around so much himself so we had some people fill some amazingly big shoes for us.
So before we knew it January was over and here it is February and this crazy time in our family is almost over. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel - countdown of about 3 more weeks of us being apart and living under 2 roofs.
No comments:
Post a Comment