Imagine being plunked down in a foreign land where you're not fluent in the language, you have to figure out how everything from a doorknob to a toilet works, and you're one-third the height of everyone else. Being a 2 year old has its stresses.
When your child seems overwhelmed, it's a good idea to look at what's going on in his world, slow the pace, and provide extra TLC — the same things you like when you're overwhelmed!
Oddly enough this statement was in an email I got from the parent.com website shortly after Kaylee tossed her bowl of shredded cheese across my living room floor. So after I yelled just a little and spanked her only a few times... I thought to myself this has to be a sign from God and with that I need to document this so I will always remember it. So no better place than my blog, I also found it to be a very meaningful statement and was thinking maybe some of my friends with kids the same age would benefit just like I did. I am also thinking I am going to have to get this framed somewhere because it sure does speak loudly of a 2 year olds stage! I just wish I would have received this about 2 years ago - I feel like a late learner :)
No comments:
Post a Comment