Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dancing Girls - No More


Well it was fun while it lasted and I think the girls both enjoyed it once they got there but the fight to get them there really wasn't worth it. On Tuesday Matt and I went to parent watch day at dance to watch the girls and it was a joke. Kaylee jumped right in and started doing her thing as you can tell above but Madelynn stood in the middle of the dance floor crying and biting her finger nails for the entire hour of dance class. I think I had every emotion run through me - no one warned us about this part of parenting. She was miserable and just out of her comfort zone and after watching that we decided we couldn't do that to her anymore. Madelynn has always been our reserved child and just takes a little bit longer to warm up to people and to her surroundings. So in place of dance I decided that maybe twice a month I would take the girls out for a girls night with mommy and we could do our thing. They are seperated from us everyday while we are at work and I just don't think they liked leaving us again on the nights they had dance. We also decided that they are still very young 4 and 2 and there is no need to rush them into anything we have lots of time for activities! I think I wanted this more than they did :), but I am sure it will be here soon enough that we are chasing our kids around to their activities!

No comments: