Saturday, October 3, 2009

"THE" Dress


About 4 months ago I bought these beautiful dresses for the girls - yes matching imagine that - anyways we used them for the bridal shower I threw for my sister in law. I might have spent a little more than I should have on them but when I saw them I just couldn't pass them up - thinking I could get some good use out of them for the girls with going into summer. Well we got a couple uses out of them at least the kind I was thinking of...Kaylee has gotten a couple hundred uses out of them. About 2 months ago Kaylee decided that this was going to be the dress she never got out of. She wore it to bed every night, cried that she couldn't wear it in the bath tub, screamed she couldn't wear it to Kelly's everyday, and threw an even bigger fit when she saw it going around in the washing machine. For about 2 weeks I didn't have the chance to wash it because whenever were home she had it on, so one night - the smart woman that I am - I decided to pull down Madelynn's dress (which was the same just bigger) and have her wear that so I could get the darn thing washed. So luckily we now had 2 of the dress that Kaylee never stopped wearing. About 2 weeks ago we graduated from flip flops with the dress to winter boots with dress and I was thinking I could put it away for the winter - yeah right!!! There have even been days that she wasn't allowed to wear it where were going so she just carried it with her wherever we went...AMAZING! She is definitely my pack horse - she makes up for Madelynn. Everynight to bed with Kaylee goes...4 pacifiers, 2 barbies, 1 stuffed bear, 3 blankets (must all be pink) and wearing her dress.



So for those of you that have not been blessed with Kaylee in her dress I just had to share a picture and for those of you that have and wonder gosh doesn't Angie have time to change her clothes - yes I do but it just isn't a battle I am willing to fight at this point - she is 2 and all and we definitely have some bigger battles to fight right now :)



I can say though as much as it drives me crazy because I like to change the girls' clothes so much has cut back on my laundry so that has been nice :)

No comments: