Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another canning project

I have really gotten into this canning stuff.  I canned some pickled green beans the other day and they turned out great and I actually had fun doing them - very easy.
I made about 6 batches of dried apples and am going to do about double that this weekend - time consuming but great snacks and turned out fun.
Salsa turned out good not as much flavor as we would have liked but it was one of our first canning projects so we were still learning.

I am really liking this cooking, canning, and homemaking stuff.  No worries I still like to work, but like doing this in my spare time.  I can't wait to show you my new project I am doing hopefully it will be done this weekend - I am getting pretty crafty!
I am also still doing my coupon shopping and it is getting good!  I have gotten some fun stuff and our stockpiles are adding up.  Matt says it is turning expensive when I do 20 $5.00 transactions but I am getting so much stuff!
All of this for $22.00 out of pocket - the oranges alone cost me $6.99

No comments: