Yes that is correct, I am quickly learning how to be a homemaker and I am really loving it. Kelly taught me how to can peaches and lets just say we will never run out of peaches I think I have over 20 jars - but now we will have them to eat whenever we want them. It was actually a lot of fun and we did them pretty quick.
I was pretty proud of myself - not sure if anyone else was impressed or not but I enjoyed it, Kaylee has enjoyed them also she is a peach queen!
I also have been doing a lot of shopping lately - coupon shopping that is and stockpiling. WE all know how much I love to shop and well shopping for full price items just hasn't been in the budget lately so I figured out a way to continue what I love just a different level. I have really gotten into this coupon shopping stuff and I can't even explain the feeling when I leave a store like Walgreens with 6 sacks of stuff for 8.00 (just as an example) I get sick now when I pay full price for something. As you can see below I have started accumulating a lot of stuff. It is a mess in my cupboards right now as you can imagine with moving everything is a mess but this was just to give you an idea of all the stuff I have been getting at the store. Don't worry we have plenty of body soap and deoderant if something ever happens we won't smell bad :) The only problem with this is Matt said he is tired of seeing 15 transactions go through our account for .94 cents a piece he said it is too hard to follow! And well we are running out of room to store all this stuff so I might have to slow down for a bit till we get moved and can put our shelves again.
I have also taken up cooking to a different level. My friend and I decided as working moms and always in a rush to get home and get dinner made for our children that are pulling on our legs and crying they are hungry from the minute we pick them up we needed to find a solution. So we tried this Once a Month Cooking Book. Wow is all I can say it was pretty impressive we made about 28 meals all in one day and then froze them all so that all we had to do for the month was pull out our meal the night before and cook it once we got home. All the prep work and the think work were done ahead of time. We spent one entire Sunday cooking all these meals about 12 hours to be exact - It was a long day, but totally worth it. We have gone through a lot of our meals already and for the most part enjoyed most of them. WE have had a few complaints from Matt about there being onions or sour cream in them but sometimes he just has to get over it.
So as you can tell I have really transformed into a new person lately, cooking, shopping, canning - a lot of things I do but not to this level and it sure has been fun. It gives me something I can do for myself and that I get to look forward to.
My next task is canning tomatos. We use a lot of crushed tomatos for our sauce and so I have decided I am going to try on my own to can as much as I can for our storage and to use - sounds like fun right? Maybe? I will let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment