Every Monday I get to help out in Madelynn's classroom - what a fun experience that has been! I love watching her interact with her classmates and make choices that we have worked so hard on the last few years - She truly is a wonderful little girl.
So this last Monday I was in the classroom and they were doing testing all week - State Testing! Oh goodness I got a little nervous not sure what for but just hoping Madelynn would do well, as parents we always want our children to do the best. So I was observing all the stations and one was a color station and she did wonderful, and shapes and letters and a few others and of course she had no problems. Then came the numbers station and they said can you please count to 100 for us. I think I got white in the face 100? That is so many for my little girl to count to and I don't think we have practiced that high we just always counted with her never realized how far she could go on her own. I was really nervous now I felt like we didn't prepare her for this and that was our fault not hers. Okay Angie relax....I took a deep breath, it is kindergarten and they are testing to see what level these kids are on. Not to mention she has been going to school hopefully she is learning something.
Well - there she was counting all the way to 100 didn't miss a number and didn't even need assistance!
Have you ever been in a room and got so excited you wanted to jump up and scream and cry and yell all at the same time! I wanted to so bad, I could barely hold back I had the biggest smile on my face. It is an amazing feeling to watch your child learn and absorb so much. I can see why it is so rewarding to be a teacher I could watch that stuff all day! So anyways I am done bragging, but man I was a proud mommy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment