Friday, October 22, 2010

Dog Issue #1

The last week has not been our week for dogs.  I think it was a message being sent to us that you have a lot to take care of you better make sure you are paying attention and caring for everything like you need to.  Our first problem was the 24 hours that Joey went missing.  Nothing planned or set up by Matt it was a true accident and it really was an eye opener for us.  We spent a few hours driving around and calling his name one night and there was no sign of him.  The poor girls were torn and very upset.  I think the dogs are a security for them, nothing they care to play with all the time but just the fact of having them around keeps everyone company. 
We were so fortunate that he had wandered to a house at the end of our sub and the people that ended up finding him took him in for the night and took good care of him. Things changed real quick around our house the day we got him back. The dogs now spend much more time inside and we went over the rules of the gates again.  I have to say that was one miserable night - I layed on the couch all night and continuously checked the front porch and the back thinking he would have wandered home.  It was a sick feeling everytime when I never saw a dog.


No comments: